Wednesday, November 28, 2001

Conference in Amagi



My favorite part of all... MOUNT FUJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kathy said she's been to Amagi several times, and it's very unusual to see Mount Fuji so clearly - and BOTH times on the way there and back. Usually Mount Fuji is hard to see because of the clouds and smog, and if you can see it, there is often a ring of clouds that obscures the top. But not this time. God was so gracious! I saw beautiful Mount Fuji, much more beautiful and clear than I ever imagined, BOTH times. I love Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is the famous Shinkansen, or "bullet train," that I've always dreamed of riding!! The picture looks like it's coming in from right to left, but actually it's pulling out of the station in Tokyo from left to right. It's so fast - up to 200 miles an hour, Ronny said - but as smooth as riding a Cadillac. I actually had no perception of how fast I was going, but it was so much fun!!!





Gorgeous morning in Amagi, nestled in the mountains. It was warmer there, so it felt like we got to experience fall all over again, since it was already winter up in the north.







We journeymen visited a little gift shop down the street one evening, and the owner and his wife gave us each a rose. Such a sweet welcome to Amagi!

No comments: