Monday, December 24, 2001

Top Ten Ways I Knew I Was In Japan This Christmas

10. The holly berries on Christmas wrapping paper instantly reminded me of fish eggs (I covered it up).

9. I ate sushi at a church Christmas party.

8. Heidi and I stored ice cream on our porch (it melted).

7. The mail ran on Christmas Day, and most of my friends had to work.

6. The statue of Col. Sanders outside every KFC was dressed in a Santa suit and hat.

5. The only real, dressed-up Santa Claus I saw needed to gain about 400 pounds. The suit bagged around his middle, arms and legs.

4. As I was typing number six I debated on how many kilos that would be. I gave up.

3. I had a white Christmas... a white Christmas Eve... a white Thanksgiving... a white Halloween... a white...

2. I asked college students if they knew the real meaning of Christmas, and they said, with blank looks, "No."

1. I missed your beautiful faces!!! I pray God's great blessings not only on the Japanese, but on YOU - whose friendship is the greatest Christmas present I could hope for! Thank you for your love and faithfulness that warms me all the way from north Japan!

No comments: